Or maybe just a really bad case of the Mondays. Something.
Link Soup: I kind of love this woman.
Bad: Two shawls need blocking. I have made next to no progress on the sleeve I had to frog.
Good: I am knitting 1.5 puffy hexes a day.
And then there’s that red thing. I frogged Forecast and started Driven (discontinued yarn lines suck). Yay, right?
Ugly: Only the pattern as written was making for some serious ugly. So I frogged it (after it took me three tries to get right to begin with) and have reknit it.
Currently reading Wings by Aprilynne Pike which is YA fae. Because every other book I’ve tried this weekend has annoyed me to no end.
Read this week:
- Destined to Die (Briar Creek Chronicles #3) by Jayme and Jody Morse – YA vamps. These books are so bad it’s funny. Yet I will totally be buying the next installment. Probably because they make me laugh.
- Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley – YA vamps. Sort of Babysitter’s Club but with vampires. More pre-teen than older YA though. Not my kind of thing.
- Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young – YA djinn. Girl finds out she’s djinn, not human. Ok. Don’t think I’ll read the next one though.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – YA paranorm. This was a lesson in double checking samples. Bought this thinking it was another book I thought looked really cool. It wasn’t. At all. Book about a girl who wakes up from a coma not knowing what happened (you can see why the confusion, so far it’s The Adoration of Jenna Fox AND When Rose Wakes, both of which I want to read). And then, ugh. Did NOT enjoy.
- Sleeping Handsome by Jean Haus – YA short story. Sweet and romantic and fluffy. About a girl who reads to a boy in a coma. Very heartwarming.
Could Not Finish:
The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie – DaVinci Code-ish (sad that all these sorts of books can be defined by a single book but they can). I do not like these kinds of books. I need to stop trying to read these kinds of books because I do not like them. But if you do, this is one of them. Very complex and puzzley, very historical/modern overlapping, very history-lecture-dialog. So.
This is my stack of happy making dvds. Because I need it this week. Also BBC’s rather crippled coverage of Formula 1. Still nice to have it back. There’s fast cars, exotic locations and a wee smattering of handsome men. What’s not to love?
The beloved Noro Blanket.
My nail polish collection is getting too big for the cubbyhole I keep it in. Also, that is the best smelling room spray EVER.
Wall o’ chocolate for Easter.
Can you name that film on J’s new t-shirt?
And that’s that.
Mondays. Ennui. Whatever. Meh.