Because things right now are very up in the air, things around me aren’t quite as tidy or organized as I would like. One thing to come out of this is that the Nikon lives its life out in the open as opposed to nicely organized in a proper bag. This means that J. sometimes grabs it and takes pictures that I don’t know about until I get the images I’ve taken off the camera. So, a selection taken by J.
I suppose in the end it’s fair. I get to edit them. And sometimes, that’s the fun part.
That’s what life feels like right now. Like I’m trying to catch up to the tune so I can tap in time. And it’s driving me crazy.
At least I have pretty flowers.
And routine helps.
Lemon Tree Jacket
Norotastic Friend Blanket
A Blue Hat. Slouchy Copy Cat Hat deslouched. Raveled.
Reading: Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes
Listening To: Our Kind.
Watching: Style on Trial. I’m a big vintage fashion buff and the 1940s show had me drooling. Jane Russell! Lauren Bacall! Katherine Hepburn!” I only wish I was skinny enough to wear vintage clothing.
What a week! I look forward to a nice relaxing weekend.
It still works too.
As always, there’s more pictures on Flickr.
Yeah, I agree. We spend so much time in Winchester that we should just move there. Within the next five years we will.
That about covers it.
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately my birthday was all kinds of rotten but all the kind emails definitely helped.
And since I forgot to do it yesterday, I present my books read in 2008 list.
2008 Book List
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes*
- Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes*
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley*
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- Crossing Open Ground by Barry Lopez
- High Society in the Regency Period by Venetia Murray
- Salon Fantastique edited by Ellen Datlow
- The Search for Superstrings, Symmetry and The Theory of Everything by John Gribbin
- Desert Notes & River Notes by Barry Lopez
- Waterlog by Roger Deakin
- Miss Smilla’s Feeling For Snow by Peter Hoeg*
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- The Conjurer’s Bird by Martin Davies
- Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith*
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry*
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf*
- The Once and Future King by TH White
- A Writer’s Diary by Virginia Woolf
- Breakfast At Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- 84 Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Editor’s Wife by Clare Chambers
- Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith
- Love In A Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
- Anne of Avonlea by LM Montgomery
- Anne of The Island by LM Montgomery
- Anne of Windy Poplars by LM Montgomery
- Anne’s House of Dreams by LM Montgomery
- Anne of Ingleside by LM Montgomery
- Rainbow Valley by LM Montgomery
- Rilla of Ingleside by LM Montgomery
- Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery
- Emily Climbs by LM Montgomery
- Emily’s Quest by LM Montgomery
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- On The Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- By The Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder*
- A Haunted House and Other Short Stories by Virginia Woolf
- Life Disrupted: Getting Real About Chronic Illness in Your Twenties and Thirties by Laurie Edwards
- The Mesmerist by Barbara Ewing
- Jacob’s Room by Virginia Woolf
- The Diary of Virginia Woolf Volume I
- Indian Creek Chronicles by Peter Fromm
- The Body Sacred by Dianne Sylvan
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman*
- The Earls of Paradise by Adam Nicolson
- Eleusis by Carl Kerenyi*
- The Minor Works of Jane Austen
- The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie
- Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie
- The Tomb of Hercules by Andy McDermott
- about a dozen Danielle Steel books (in progress)
Audiobooks listened to this year. (Thank you Librivox!)
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery*
- Anne of Avonlea by LM Montgomery*
- Anne of the Island by LM Montgomery*
- Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster*
- The Railway Children by Edith Nesbitt*
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen*
- Howard’s End by E.M. Forester
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen*
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Love and Freindship by Jane Austen
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- Persuasion by Jane Austen*
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen*
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
- What Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
- Emma by Jane Austen*
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen* (in progress)
I’ve started this year’s list but since I pretty much reread the Frances Mayes books every January and the Little House books every summer, there will be repeats. This year I’ll add to that list some Jane Austen (Emma is my favorite) and Anne of Green Gables. What books do you have to read every year?