Firstly, this post has taken AGES to put together. It’s long and full of stuff looking for a new home. Prepare yourself and then read on.
As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I have been having crazy allergy problems with things I’ve eaten/worn/used for YEARS suddenly causing allergic reactions. It’s been frustrating and annoying. Especially because I’m reacting to a large chunk of both my knits and yarn stash. This is just not fair but I’ve tested, rested, washed, dried, tested and rested again and I’m most definitely reacting. And since I can’t wear or knit with this stuff, I need it out of the house fast so I stop erupting in hives every time I accidentally touch it. So FKS it is.
I know I’ve spoken about problems with FKS but this is going to be a last gasp old school version wherein some things really are just free. Some things are swap only, the yarn is for flat out sale. Swaps are welcome for anything but since I’m having yarny issues, I’m going to have to be a bit picky.
Bonus round: scroll to the bottom for the last of the necklaces. I’m reacting to those too. *sigh* Still, more for you!
So. The rules:
1) If it says free, it’s free. If you want to swap for something free, yay! If not, ask anyway.
1a) First come, first serve. If you have tons of FKS already, I don’t care. If you want more than one thing, fine (within reason, of course). I do not take requests, reservations or orders. I am not a factory and this is the end of FKS as we know it. Any future knitting mistakes/allergies will be firstly met with screams and hair pulling but will then be quietly rehomed without any fanfare. So this is it, people.
2) Swaps! I have wishlists: books, non-fiction books, random stuff. Any of that is fine. However, if you want to swap something you’ve made or got in your stash, here’s the deal:
- Knit Picks Shadow Tonal (NOT HEATHERED). Any color except red, purple or green, really.
- Hand Maiden laceweight – this or this (too. many. pretty. colors.)
- some Tosh Merino Light (in anything beige, cream or grey) and Vintage, to test for allergies with
- MCN blends – Casbah especially (in any semi-solid, lightly variegated color really)
- cashmere, especially heavy laceweight
- some plastic stitch markers. I’m reacting to the ones I’ve had for years.
- flannel, fat quarters, cotton etc to make cowls – since I’ve had to throw out all my house cowls (knit in Dream in Color Classy/Chunky which I am now reacting to *grumble*) I need new ones asap. It’s a fibro thing – I need to keep the back of my neck/tops of my shoulders covered at all times to keep the pain and spasms down. If you make cowls of this type and want to swap for those? Yes, please! See this post for colors.
- fat quarters, jelly rolls, fabric. I am going to commence to making my first quilt soon. (It’s in 3 Sisters Oasis.) That’s pretty much my style. I don’t do cutesy or wild but anything that looks like it belongs in a log cabin, aged manor house or French country home is right up my street. Oh, and I’m an absolute beginner here.
Other: Ask! If you make, produce or have an abundance of something cool, swaps could happen.
3) Money honey. Take my yarn and necklaces, ok? Swaps for yarn are ok, if tricky. Priority given to people claiming necklaces to buy over swap.
4) Additional pictures can be seen via the Ravelry links. Please express interest via the contact page with details of the item you want and any swap details. Items will be mailed upon receipt of swaps. Funds should be sent via Paypal, contact me for the address. Shipping costs included unless otherwise mentioned.
5) If you want it, ASK. This is all stuff I cannot wear or use and it’s either you give it a good home or it goes in the trash.
The Knitted Stuff:
- Dusk Cowl in Tosh DK in Dusk. (Ravelry link.)
- Pattern: Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh
- Worn a LOT. Still looks great though. I love this cowl and I am so, so sad that it’s itchy now.
- Care: handwash.
The Knitted Stuff I Didn’t Knit:
- Grey Cowl by Bertha in unknown 100% virgin wool.
- 10″ high, 16.5″ wide
- Care: handwash, dry flat.
- Herringbone Cowl by Melissa in Malabrigo Chunky in Purple Mystery.
- Pattern: Big Herringbone Cowl by Purl Soho
- 11.5″ tall, 26″ wide (doubled)
- Please note: this came from a cat friendly home.
- Care: handwash, dry flat.
The Yarn: (Ravelry destash page here.)
Shelter in Almanac, 140 yards. £8
Koigu KPPPM in green. £6
Tosh DK in Forestry. £12
Malabrigo Worsted in Cadmium. £12 for both. (Can you believe Malabrigo makes me itch? Not fair!)
Sparkleduck Merino/Nylon Sock Yarn. £8.
And now, the last Alice is. Signature Necklace update ever, aka: sparkly allergens. I explained a little here how I’ve started reacting to metal. I’ve been working out what metals I’m reacting to and I’m definitely reacting to my jewelry making supplies and the resulting necklaces. So. I’m sad about it but oh well. Give this stuff a good home if it appeals to you, ok?
How this is going to work: these are some really expensive, nice materials and the necklaces themselves took time, pain (shoulder injury) and energy to make. I feel the price fairly reflects that. HOWEVER. I get that’s a lot of money, especially taking exchange rates into consideration. So we’ll call that a ball park figure. You want the necklace? Make an offer. More if you can (because hello, awesome), less if you can’t. These HAVE to find a new home. Let’s work together to do that.
- all strung on silver Tigertail with Swarvoski crystals (various shapes and sizes), glass and ceramic seed beads, various metal spacer beads (mainly pewter), various beads in other materials (semi precious stones, glass, Swarovski pearls, acrylic), sterling silver findings.
Massive: These are mega sparkly with big Swarovski boulders and pearls.
Tahitian Sky. £30
Simple: These came about because people told me my necklaces were too sparkly for everyday. So they’re understated sparkle.
Autumn Leaves. £23
Arctic Ocean. £23
Personal Collection (Tarnished): These are the necklaces I made for myself and they are worn, loved and a little tarnished. You can clean up the tarnish if you like (I wouldn’t dip these in any liquid though) or leave them as is. I rather like the patina on the silver.
Sea Grass. £21
Earth and Fire. £30
Right! Any questions, use the contact page. To arrange swaps, claim a free item or purchase anything, use the contact page. Link to this page with utter abandon.
- FKS: Original Gloaming Shawl, Chevron Scarf, Manuka Shawl, Olive Sweater, Warning Light Shawl
- Stuff Other People Knit FKS: Stripy Mittens
- Yarn: Tosh Lace, Malabrigo Lace, OMA Merino/Cashmere Sock, sock yarn remnants
- Necklaces: Sea Pearls
Thank you and have a good weekend.