Basically this. Another round of destuffing (you would seriously think we would have nothing left to get rid of, but you’d be wrong there), so much internal/mental/priorities upheaval that I’ve had insomnia for a week, goals and plans and future dreaming, real life focus. It’s been kind of crazy in that duck-on-a-pond way: it looks nice and calm but under the surface it’s everyone run around screaming.
Ok, last thing about blogging: I plan on continuing, it’s just one of those things that I’m looking at differently and rearranging. Working on better/different content and how to present things in a world where reblog, pin, tweet, status post, like, favorite is the way people interact nowadays. Whatever it is I do here isn’t that. I’ll stop blathering on about it until I decide to stop entirely or move (still planning a move to Squarespace at some point). You know the drill, I know the drill. But if you are still reading, just say hi, ok? It’s nice to know you’re not blogging in a vacuum.
- Is Your Soul Trying To Guide You But You’re Just Not Listening? via Carrie. And yes, until very recently that was the case for me.
- 14 Books to Read in 2014 I have gone off my YA kick so am looking at normal, grown up books to read. It’s still a genre I’m usually unhappy with, to be honest.
- Where Homesick American Expats Can Eat in London
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Posting to Social Media via Francesca, I think.
- The Chic Sneakers So this is brilliant. The shoes that everyone recommends for Lisfranc fracture sufferers are now hip. Cool beans.
- Shooting Markets Around The World Random google search brought me to this – one of my photos is in this collection.
- Benedict Cumberbatch fans break records for tickets applied for a BBC Radio 4 show. Yes, I applied.
Health: Flare city. Everything that requires actual physical doing has not been done. Also, yesterday was a failed MRI and basically, feh. I’m tired of being sick and dealing with all this crap.
Knitting: Absolutely nothing. I have developed contact allergies to the point of red raw patches and hives with all but ONE knitted item I own. So that’s another FKS and a massive destash to come. Basically, it’s acrylic or nothing from now on as I can’t knit with plant fibers or silk.
Reading: It’s the beginning of the year so I’m rereading the Emily of New Moon series, as I do every year.
Watching: Tom Hiddleston on Top Gear. The Olympics, which I am not boycotting in support of all the LGB/LGBT friendly athletes that are competing in the games. Coriolanus on Thursday, after which I shall blog about that particular piece of awesomeness. If you have a chance to see it via NT Live, DO. It’s, excuse my french, fucking awesome.
So then, happy today.
All photos taken spring of last year at St Giles Hill, Winchester with my trusty Leica AF-C1 and some random Fuji 200 film.